CONGRATULATIONS on your ENGAGEMENT!
Welcome! Congratulations! You’re getting married and among all the decisions you make about your wedding ceremony, who you ask to be the wedding officiant is the most important. I’m The Reverend Tony Lorenzen. My job as a wedding officiant is to help you craft a wedding ceremony that’s perfect for you. I’ll guide you through preparing a wedding ceremony script, writing or choosing wedding vows, and adding personal touches to make the process of getting married as wonderful as your wedding ceremony itself.
The professional skills I bring to my role as your wedding officiant include:
- Years of experience as an ordained Unitarian Universalist minister, working in congregational ministry, leading Sunday worship, teaching, and doing pastoral counseling in addition to being a wedding officiant.
- Familiarity with many faith traditions and interfaith wedding ceremonies.
- A sensitivity to blended families, and 2nd or 3rd marriages.
- An open, inclusive approach that navigates with ease between religious and secular. I’m right at home with the spiritual but not religious approach as well as a very traditional Christian wedding ceremony.
- Many years ministering to and being an ally to the LGBTQIA community.
- A command of the language of reverence, so that I will find the nuanced voice that expresses your theology or philosophy in a personalized, reverent way in your wedding ceremony.
- A pastoral presence (I will not only be your wedding officiant, but should you want or need it, a pastoral presence – providing a listening ear, pastoral counsel, and a calming presence).
Check my availability for your wedding here.
Check out my storefront on Wedding Wire
I am listed as a wedding officiant on WedFolio: